So, it seems as though I am all about raw vegan desserts right now. I mean, can you blame me? Healthy indulges? Yes please.
With so many healthy dessert recipes substituting in coconut, it seems only logical to make a version of the original coconut treat itself.
This is by far one of the simplest recipes that I have made so far. It takes minutes to make, and you will be so surprised at how much it actually tastes like bounty! It’s delicious.
- 2 1/2 Cups shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 1/2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp soft coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 Tbsp peanut or almond butter
- Mix all the ingredients for the coconut centre in a food processor until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a container lined with cling wrap. This should be around 2cm thick.
- Put in the freezer for half an hour
- Mix all of the chocolate ingredients in a mini food processor until it becomes a paste. If you like, you can melt all the ingredients over a low heat saucepan.
- Spread the paste over the frozen coconut mixture and put back in the freezer for half an hour.
- Slice it up and enjoy.
- Store it in the freezer and it will keep for a few weeks... if it lasts that long.