I love playing hostess. Especially when I have enough time to organise myself and actually make something for my guests. There really is something special about a fresh batch of cookies, scones or really any other baked goods and a boiled kettle to greet friends with.
This cookie recipe is fantastic. Not only do the cookies take less than 30 minutes from start to finish, they are soft in the centre, delicious and relatively healthy (well, they’re not exactly kale… but they do have wholemeal flour and walnuts).
They are super versatile as well… you could definitely substitute in any chocolate or other mix ins you have in the house if you want to. I just happened to have dark chocolate and walnuts, which are always a good combination.
Not only did my friends who visited with their beautiful little 3 month old son give them the tick of approval, the tradies who happened to drop in before they came enjoyed them as well. It was a good day to visit me today.
Smiles all around.
- 90 grams butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the sugar and butter together until smooth and slightly paler in colour.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Fold through the wholemeal self-raising flour and chocolate chips and walnuts (or whatever mix ins you choose to use).
- Roll into gold-ball sized balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Leave enough room between the mixture to allow from them to spread while baking.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden.
- Try adding in M&Ms, white chocolate, sultanas (if you want to give people trust issues) or a mixture of different mix ins that you have available instead of dark chocolate to keep things interesting.
I need to drop by your house! 😉 These look absolutely perfect!
You know where to come if you want to escape to sunny QLD. xx
That little face though–he is so so cute! These look just delicious! 🙂
Isn’t he adorable?! He has an amazing temperament too. xx
Your friend’s son is absolutely precious! He has such beautiful eyes <3 anyways, these cookies are totally delicious and perfect for sharing! Too bad though, because if I made these, I'd keep them all to myself!
He is adorable. And she is such an amazing mother. I hope you enjoy them. xx
Miam, I’m going to try these asap 😍 x
Margaux ∙ http://www.bonjourwhite.com
I hope that you enjoy them. xx